Programs and services especially for children.
On Your Marks, Get Set... READ! @ Your Library this summer!
Our children's department staff have been hard at work planning the 2016 Summer Reading Program. Stop by, call or email with questions. Follow the links below to information about the program and how to register:
- Ages (two sections):
- Birth-4th Grade
- Available online, by phone, email, or in person beginning May 18th
- How to report progress (the program runs from June 6 - June 25 with a finale party on June 30th. The Finale starts at 6 PM with a light meal provided and tickets required.)
- Game Board
- Pencils, BOOKS, food coupons, and blank park zoo tickets which are handed out along with certificates of completion at the end. Prize drawing to take place at Olympic Camp, The Hanson Family Show, and Finch Robot events.
- Special Events
- June 6 the Summer Reading Program begins
- June 9 @ 6-7 pm Olympic Camp. Make crafts related to the Olympics
- June 10 @ 10:30 am Story Time in the EPL Story Time Room
- June 10 @ 3:30 pm The Hanson Family Show in the EPL Community Room. The program will feature storytelling, juggling, and unicycling. Attendees will also learn simple juggling and play with a few of their props. Space is limited, so don't be late!
- June 16 @ 6-7 pm Outdoor games in library square. If inclement weather, board games inside the library.
- June 17 @ 10:30 am Story Time in the EPL Story Time Room
- June 23 @ 2:30 pm Treasure Village at the ELC Middle School Gym
- June 23 @ 6-7 pm Finch Robots at the EPL
- June 24 @ 10:30 am Story Time in the EPL Story Time Room
- June 25 Summer Reading Program ends. Turn in game boards on or before this date.
- Family Fun Finale Party! Thursday, June 30th from 6:00 PM. Light Meal Provided. Families will have the opportunity to have their picture taken with a very special book character. Games to follow. Tickets required. Bring your lawn chairs or blankets. In case of inclement weather, event is canceled.